Find x. Final answer: x is 7. The beauty of my response is that no one can tell me I'm wrong. If someone challenges my answer, I can just as easily construct a scenario in which x is in fact 7, such as x + 2 = 9. Over the years, I've come to realize that sometimes the solution space is indefinitely large (pardon the linear algebra reference), that there is no one right answer to the problem. When presented with insufficient information, we have to start somewhere. There isn't always one proper thing to do or one optimal decision to make, but rather a span of actions that satisfy the said criteria, out of which you have to pick one. The idea that we can make choices, each having an uncertain output is thrilling but simultaneously sobering. Ultimately, it is this freedom, this ambiguity, this choice that makes us all unique. In this scenario, such criteria was not laid out; x was not defined. I found x. I made a choice based on incomplete information, and it is one I...
Comments