Today I am going to a party in which someone bought a house.We bought a gift for them. It will be lots of fun. I remember last time we went to their house, that too was a lot of fun. We were visiting them.
In Of Mice and Men, George in Lennie fall in love with a dream they have--a dream to one day become financially independent and run their own peace of land. Their captivation with their dream is great, and they begin pooling together money and making plans. Their plan is beautiful and exciting, but one that is never achieved. It is a plan that George is forced to suddenly and unhesitatingly sacrifice after coming so dramatically close to achieving, when he shoots Lennie in the head. He shoots Lennie, his beloved companion, who like a child, gave him a sense of responsibility and purpose. As George himself often says in frustration to Lennie, his responsibility for Lennie is the reason that he forsakes other pleasures. Caring for Lennie is a responsibility left behind to George by Lennie's aunt, and it is a responsibility that George takes upon his shoulder and faithfully executes by saving Lennie from predicaments, guiding and instructing him, and not leaving the side of Lennie. L...
Find x. Final answer: x is 7. The beauty of my response is that no one can tell me I'm wrong. If someone challenges my answer, I can just as easily construct a scenario in which x is in fact 7, such as x + 2 = 9. Over the years, I've come to realize that sometimes the solution space is indefinitely large (pardon the linear algebra reference), that there is no one right answer to the problem. When presented with insufficient information, we have to start somewhere. There isn't always one proper thing to do or one optimal decision to make, but rather a span of actions that satisfy the said criteria, out of which you have to pick one. The idea that we can make choices, each having an uncertain output is thrilling but simultaneously sobering. Ultimately, it is this freedom, this ambiguity, this choice that makes us all unique. In this scenario, such criteria was not laid out; x was not defined. I found x. I made a choice based on incomplete information, and it is one I...
Two frogs fell into a can of cream Or so I've heard it told The sides of the can were shiny and steep The cream was deep and cold "Oh what's the use",croaked Number 1. "T'is fate no helps around" "Goodbye my friends","Goodbye sad world" And weeping still he drowned But number 2 of sterner stuff Dog-Paddled in surprise The while he dried his creamy face And dried his creamy eyes "I'll swim a while, at least", he said "It really wouldn't help the world if one more frog were dead". An hour or so he kicked and swam Not once he stopped to mutter But kicked and kicked and swam and kicked And hopped out via butter
Comments