Is toxicity real? I certainly think so. Humans have infinite capacity for evil, so, the possibility of an unhealthy relationship characterized by mutual despair over benefit is a real one. I recently listened to Louis Armstrong’s song--“What a wonderful world” And I think to myself- what an interesting song. Can the world really be beautiful? Well, I suppose so. I suppose it can be beautiful. When the beauty of it is well earned. If however, if one does not earn the beauty, they may not experience it. The very same world of beauty to one may be a dull world to a mind that does not provide itself with the experience of beauty. And this is not to claim by the way, that one’s actions are unrelated to one’s mental state, or to downplay the responsibility one has to tend to their own body, mind, and life. But I have often heard of the biological component that is associated with such dullness, and how the chemistry of one’s brain affects one’s mood. For some reason, I sometimes find it surp...
Two frogs fell into a can of cream Or so I've heard it told The sides of the can were shiny and steep The cream was deep and cold "Oh what's the use",croaked Number 1. "T'is fate no helps around" "Goodbye my friends","Goodbye sad world" And weeping still he drowned But number 2 of sterner stuff Dog-Paddled in surprise The while he dried his creamy face And dried his creamy eyes "I'll swim a while, at least", he said "It really wouldn't help the world if one more frog were dead". An hour or so he kicked and swam Not once he stopped to mutter But kicked and kicked and swam and kicked And hopped out via butter
In Of Mice and Men, George in Lennie fall in love with a dream they have--a dream to one day become financially independent and run their own peace of land. Their captivation with their dream is great, and they begin pooling together money and making plans. Their plan is beautiful and exciting, but one that is never achieved. It is a plan that George is forced to suddenly and unhesitatingly sacrifice after coming so dramatically close to achieving, when he shoots Lennie in the head. He shoots Lennie, his beloved companion, who like a child, gave him a sense of responsibility and purpose. As George himself often says in frustration to Lennie, his responsibility for Lennie is the reason that he forsakes other pleasures. Caring for Lennie is a responsibility left behind to George by Lennie's aunt, and it is a responsibility that George takes upon his shoulder and faithfully executes by saving Lennie from predicaments, guiding and instructing him, and not leaving the side of Lennie. L...
Comments