Is toxicity real? I certainly think so. Humans have infinite capacity for evil, so, the possibility of an unhealthy relationship characterized by mutual despair over benefit is a real one. I recently listened to Louis Armstrong’s song--“What a wonderful world” And I think to myself- what an interesting song. Can the world really be beautiful? Well, I suppose so. I suppose it can be beautiful. When the beauty of it is well earned. If however, if one does not earn the beauty, they may not experience it. The very same world of beauty to one may be a dull world to a mind that does not provide itself with the experience of beauty. And this is not to claim by the way, that one’s actions are unrelated to one’s mental state, or to downplay the responsibility one has to tend to their own body, mind, and life. But I have often heard of the biological component that is associated with such dullness, and how the chemistry of one’s brain affects one’s mood. For some reason, I sometimes find it surp...
Comments